Once you’ve installed and activated the theme, the next step we’d advise is to get the home page and news section sorted. Again, this should be fairly pain free so don’t panic just yet! :)
Here’s what you should do:
- Add a new page under Pages -> Add New.
- Name it ‘Home Page’ or something equally grand and imaginative.
- On this page under ‘Page Attributes’ select the template ‘Home Page Template’.
- Add some content to the editor. Feel free to use the Visual Composer here to add columns and anything you like to make it look pretty.
- If you want a home page specific breadcrumb, add that under the ‘Home Page Options’ and also decide whether or not you want to show the Home Banners and Feature Properties on the home page also.
- Publish the page.
- Add another page under Pages -> Add New and name this one ‘News’ or something news/blog related that takes your fancy and publish that page too.
- Go to Settings -> Reading.
- For the option ‘Front page displays’ select ‘A static page’; for the front page find the home page we just added and for posts page find the news page we just added.
- Save changes.
This should add the home page as your front page now and then have any posts you add to the news page just created.