We have tried to make setting up CreativeGrid Pro as simple as we can. Here are the steps you may take in doing so:
- Unzip the file you download from your account. Inside there, you should find a zip of the theme. Upload this to WordPress and install the theme.
- Create a new page; this will act as the home page, so from ‘Page Attributes’ select which home page template you would prefer. Publish the page.
- Create another page, but this time leave the template as default. This will act as the blog page for your theme.
- Go to Settings -> Reading and for the option ‘Front page displays’, make sure ‘A static page’ is checked. From the two dropdown menus that now are accessible, for front page select the page created in step 2 and for posts page, select the page created in step 3.
Also while in here we recommend you change ‘Blog pages show at most’ to 12 or a multiple of 4 as this is the number used to paginate the portfolio items on the front page.
Note: If you do not want a styled home page and simply want it to display the blog post, you can ignore steps 2-4.
- Now go to Appearance -> Theme Options. Navigate through the options so you have the site styled up how you think you want it and then save the changes.
If you just want to quickly see the site, please go to this page and click to save changes. You can then go back and make any changes to the styling/functionality in here whenever you like.
- Please read our documentation on page templates, shortcodes, widgets and creating the showroom page to help you use those get the best out of this theme.