Adding a Petition
Adding a new petition to your site couldn’t be simpler.
- Go to ‘Petition Pro -> Petition Add/Delete/Edit’ and fill in the form to add a new petition.
- Now the petition has been add to the Current Petition table, click ‘Edit Petition’.
- Fill in the details as you require and make sure the petition is enabled using the check box near the bottom.
- Copy the petition short code at the top of the edit page (something like [[petition-1]]). Go to the page you want to add the petition to in ‘Pages’ and paste in the short code and make sure the page template ‘Petition Page’ is selected.
- Once published/updated, the petition should appear on that page.
Create the signatories page
- To add a signatories page create a new page and make sure page template ‘Petition Signatures Page’ is selected.
- Add the following short code to the page [[signatures-1]], replacing the number with the relevant petition ID.
- Publish/update the page and the page should now show a list of the most recent signatures.
Adding the Petition Complete page
- Create a new page and make sure slug is ‘petition-complete’ as this is what it returns to once the signature has been confirmed.
Adding the Petition Error page
- Create a new page and make sure slug is ‘petition-error’ as this is what it returns to once the signature has thrown back an error.
- To delete a petition, go to ‘Petition Pro -> Petition Add/Delete/Edit’ and click ‘Delete Petition’ next to the one you wish to delete.
You can manage petitions under ‘Petition Pro -> Petition Management’. Here you can download petition results in CSV format, resent confirmation emails and also delete signatures if you wish.